Wednesday 5 September 2007

Visit to the doc

I finally plucked up the courage to visit the doctor.

I don't do doctors very often, I have to be really ill and have no choice, otherwise I just put it off for ever! But, my back, knees and ankles have been getting progressively worse over the last six months. It used to be that if I did something out of the ordinary, loads of gardening or went out dancing, then the following day I would be really stiff and in pain. Nowadays I only need to stand for an hour doing the ironing to be immobilized the following day. It now seems I have a dull ache across the bottom of my back constantly.

So, feeling thouroughly fed up I bit the bullet and made an appointment, the doctor was very nice, (although didnt make eye contact once) and as soon as I mentioned my father has arthritis decided to send me for blood tests. Yesterday I made the journey to the local hospital pathology department and grudglingly gave three vials of my blood, now I just need to wait two weeks to see what type of arthritis I have and the best way to treat it.

Dont you just love waiting??!!!

I would love to hear from any one else who has similar problems, please feel free to leave comments.

1 comment:

KJ said...

Hi - you did the right thing going to the docs, I know it's not pleasant but if you can get help with your problem then you should. Take care.:)

I love your slide show too - isn't technology wonderful?!!