Thursday 23 August 2007

Peace and quiet!

Listen.......
not a sound.....
not a peep!!

Faith has gone for a sleep over at Nanny's house and I am being treated to a night at the cinema!
Well, I say being treated, what I really mean is I suggested it. If I hadn't it would just be another night in front of the telly.
So until hubby comes home I have peace and quiet, now then... what shall I do?
All I can think is what house work needs doing. How depressing is that! Why cant there be more to life apart from house work (and scrapping of course, but scrapping doesn't count because its a necessity, house work isnt)? Why, as a parent, do your priorities lie with the house and everything else fades into the background. Is it the same for men? Silly question, of course its not!

The biggest eye opener I had was being taught about power and oppression by a feminist sociology tutor for my criminology module. I never realised how second rate women are. The simplist things like advertising are aimed at women because they will be the ones left to do the shopping. Its absolutley true!! A friend of mine got so fed up with having to do all the food shopping her self that she refused to do any more till her husband went with her. They did no food shopping for three weeks!!! It was only because they had ran out of alcohol that he finally gave in!

I dont want to sound a complete feminist, I dont hate men, I love them, especially hubby but they dont make it easy for us. Hubby very often makes comments that I take as offensive and he cant see why I get upset. Bless him, what would I do without him? (less washing and ironing for a start!)

1 comment:

Gemma said...

Your blog really makes me feel normal, I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. Its great to hear how you are doing in general life.
Take Care
~x~